Winner : Best Small Indoor Market 2018
The Market Town of Todmorden has had a market since 1802 when it was held on land near White Hart Fold, following a town meeting in 1801. In 1868, the land on which it currently stands next to the Town Hall was bought by the Local Board.
In 1879, the Public Market Hall which housed over 40 indoor stalls was built by Dugdale of Hebden Bridge. In April 1879, Mr John Fielden, the chairman of the Local Board, laid the cornerstone and on December 29 of the same year he opened the finished building.
Todmorden Market is conveniently situated in the centre of town, right next door to Todmorden Bus Station, with bus services arriving at regular intervals from Halifax, Burnley, Rochdale and Rawtenstall. The Market is also only a 5 minute walk away from the train station with regular trains from Leeds , Manchester Victoria and Blackburn. There is ample parking on Bramsche Square Car Park, for a small fee, giving direct access to both the indoor and outdoor markets